Thursday, January 12, 2012

Hows it going???

Just checking in.....
How is your week going so far?
So that hardest thing for me is always the no sugar thing.
I love sweet stuff.
But I also know that giving it up makes the biggest difference in how I feel.
So I want to know what you guys do for your sweet tooth?
What kind of snacks do you use?
I use fruit for mine.....others have said gum etc.
I am wondering what else there is out there.........
I don't like to use the artificial sweetners...I almost think that stuff is worse for me than the real stuff....
Honey is a great substitute for sweet things.
Does anyone do anything special with honey?

5 comments:

  1. My family has all gone very healthy this last year and have found some yummy recipes for sweets using honey. They make yummy homemade graham crackers.

    Homemade Graham Crackers:

    4 c. of almond flour
    1 tsp. cinnamon
    3/4 c. honey
    1 tsp. vanilla
    4 T. of coconut oil, butter or ghee

    Mix the dry ingredients together. Add the liquids. Stir together until well blended. Grease some parchment paper, and place on top of a jelly roll pan. Press out the mixture onto the pan until it covers the whole pan. Cut into 2 inch squares and poke them with a fork (so they look like Graham Crackers). Bake 10-15 min. at 350 degrees. They should be slightly brown when ready. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to stay away from artificial sweetners too. I try nuts usually. Boy, Wednesday afternoon I knew I was missing the sugar:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a healthy treat that's been getting me through the sweet cravings:
    1 1/2 frozen bananas, chunked
    1/2c-1c almond milk
    splash vanilla
    2 tsp cocoa powder
    1 tsp maple syrup

    Blend until smooth. This tastes just like a chocolate milkshake! My kids and husband love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sugar has been hard! I didn't realize how much I loved it haha! Must try that shake
    As far as the honey goes... I have an English muffin with a small amount of all natural peanut butter and honey if I am craving something sweet.

    ReplyDelete

© 2009 'One-column photo blog' by HUGE photo blog